For the second and final episode, I talk with Max Wright, the unsung hero of Texas A&M University football. Max Wright is a sixth year returner to the football team. He is a tight end and effective at his job. He has made big plays in time of need and seems to always step up to the task at hand. His unwavering loyalty and love for the Texas A&M football team is known by all. I want to know what makes Wright such an outstanding performer and great teammate. To learn more about him, we will discuss what part mental health has played in his career at Texas A&M.
Knowing that Wright has a passion for mental health as I do, the questions will be more specific and hopefully lead to sharing stories. We will dive into the topics as they come up in conversation such as:
- What is something you had to learn over the years that benefitted your mental health?
- Were there any hard lessons or times that affected your performance on the field?
- What sparked your passion for mental health?
- Being a leader on the team, do you find yourself having to teach the younger players?
- If so, do any pertain to mental health or how they view life?
- What is one thing you will takeaway from your time at Texas A&M and carry with you after graduation?
- What lessons have you learned that apply to everyday life?
Wright’s passion for mental health makes for easier conversation. Knowing we have something in common, I plan for more in depth conversation with him. I aim to provide sustenance that can be applied to life as a whole. Wright carries a supporting role among his teammate and is not afraid to show his love for the team. I want to know what makes him such a supportive person. That kind of passion is not seen in many people and that makes Wright special. His experience and knowledge of the team benefit him in his leadership position. Although his seniority ranks him higher, his teammates respect him for the man he is, not his title.
Find Episode 2 on “Podcasts for Aggies” on Spotify!