Calling all muckrakers! Your favorite muck-free podcast, Don’t Be A Stick In The Muck, is glad to present a new episode; The P Word!
Before college I didn’t know the first thing about what goes into The P Word…Yes, that P word…Politics.
In this episode we bring in Political Science student, and soon to be graduate, Jackson Hennigan to talk more about how he got involved in this major and why it is important to our society.
To learn more about what goes into this dense topic, these are some action steps that I would encourage you to take:
- Politics can be tricky, and to determine whether or not you want to get involved is the very first step you have to determine.
- This could involve some pretty intense soul-searching, so I would do this before getting involved in anything too serious.
- Just because your family members have a certain political affiliation does not mean that you, by default, will have to join this same political affiliation.
- However, by looking at what your family’s political affiliations are, you can set a basis for your own.
- Traditionally, our values growing up help to shape our values into adulthood.
- Look into what you are passionate about and do some research on what legislation is being passed towards this action.
- If the thought of politics still seriously freaks you out, check out this cheat sheet: Politics for Dummies.
We hope to serve as your guide for taking those baby steps towards becoming an active member of today’s political society. We aren’t saying you have to agree with our values, our political affiliations, or anything as a whole. We just ask that you bring an open mind!
That’s all for today! To join the muckraking society, or find more episodes of our podcast, click this link to find our website!